When you’re job searching, a lot of factors come into play. Of course, you want to enjoy the actual work you do on the daily, but there’s a lot more to it, right? If you work 40 hours a week, that means you’re spending more than 2,000 hours per year working. That’s a lot of hours. At BARR, we want these hours to be good ones. Ones that, for the most part, you look forward to. Why? Because being happy at work is a productivity booster and enhances performance and retention.
Our goal for our associates is simple: to feel happy, valued, and like they’re part of a team. It’s one thing to talk about it, and quite another to take action on making it happen.
Here are some of the happy-boosting tactics our associates appreciate most:
BARR’s associate benefits go beyond traditional plans. Here’s a snapshot of what’s available to all our full-time associates:
- Medical, dental, and vision (of course!)
- Competitive salaries with meaningful, year-over-year increases
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement 401(k) plan
- Short-term and long-term disability leave
- Company paid life insurance
- Stock appreciation plan
- AmEx card rewards
- Employer matching gifts
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Proven fast-track outlook on promotions compared to industry standards
- Associate referral and associate recognition award programs that offer monetary bonuses
- Unlimited spot bonuses given by peers to recognize good work
- Lunch and learns with guest speakers, free lunch provided
Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
BARR offers unlimited PTO and encourages associates to take at least 25 days (or five weeks) off per year as long as they are able to meet client commitments with 100% satisfaction. We also offer a number of company-recognized holidays and full company PTO days, including:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Christmas Day
- Mental Health Day
- 2 Floating Community Service Days
- Meeting-free Fridays
- Winter Break (closed between Christmas and New Years Day)
100% Remote Employment
There are a number of perks that come with our remote working environment:
- MacBook Pro laptop provided
- Any additional peripheral equipment needed (dual monitor, headset, etc.)
- Tax-free remote bonus of $450/month (that’s an additional $5,400/year)
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
Despite being fully remote, our associates are a tight-knit group. Check out the many ways we all work together to build relationships remotely. We also gather annually at all-company retreats so everyone can see each other face-to-face.
BARR associates expecting a child through child birth or adoption are granted 12 weeks paid parental leave, with the option of an additional four weeks unpaid, for a total of 16 weeks. All full-time associates—new moms and dads—are eligible.
Full-time associates who have been with BARR for at least five consecutive years are offered sabbatical leave as a benefit to encourage innovation and rejuvenation.
We partner with Holisticly to provide well-rounded wellness solutions to our associates. Every associate receives 25 credits (which amounts to $50) a month to use towards the platform. Holisticly provides support for things like:
- Mental health
- Physical health
- Continuous learning
- Financial health
Our team also frequently takes part in optional wellness challenges, including a hydration challenge, steps challenge, and stress management challenge to name a few of the most recent.
BARR associates enjoy two service days per year they can dedicate to service projects of their choice. We also host an annual company-wide BARR Day of Giving, and are proud to have created the BARR Belong Foundation focused on volunteerism, financial support, and community building.
Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? Explore our open positions.