Today, BARR Advisory celebrates eight years in business on our very own Founder’s Day. It’s no surprise BARR’s birthday lands on St. Patrick’s Day—much like finding a four-leaf clover or discovering the end of a rainbow, we’ve experienced some good fortune over the years through our team’s hard work and dedication.
“I founded BARR Advisory to remove the security and compliance barrier for mission-driven companies,” said Brad Thies, founder and president. “Since the beginning, we’ve helped cloud service providers of all sizes tackle cybersecurity and compliance as the cloud shifted from an emerging technology to a core part of almost every organization today.”
Let’s take a look at eight BARR milestones from over the years:
1. In 2014, Brad Theis founded BARR Assurance & Advisory, Inc., a remote-first company.
2. Mitch Evans, director of BARR’s CISO Advisory services, was the very first full-time associate hired. Since then, BARR has continuously welcomed new associates to the team. In fact, we’venearly doubled in size in the past year alone.
3. In 2017, after achieving the highest rating possible by an independent peer reviewer, the company rebranded to BARR Advisory, P.A., complete with a new website and logo.
4. As we’ve continued to grow in size, we’re proud to share women represent 57 percent of our associates compared to 25 percent of the global cybersecurity workforce.
5. In 2018, BARR began our annual Day of Giving tradition. On October 20 of each year, we close for business so our associates can spend the day volunteering in their communities across the U.S.
6. In 2021, BARR became one of only nine firms in the U.S. eligible to perform both ISO/IEC 27001 and SOC 2 audits.
7. In addition to our global network of partners, BARR currently serves hundreds of clients spanning 20+ countries and five continents.
8. Today, BARR has a nearly 100 percent client retention rate and a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 9.51, a world-class ranking.
As an extension of Founder’s Day, our People & Culture team launched BARR’s March Madness Giving Tournament, a new fundraising initiative. During the month of March, associates have the opportunity to raise money for two charitable organizations near and dear to our hearts:
- Feeding America: Donations will support their mission of providing nourishing food to people in need. Hunger has no boundaries and Feeding America has programs to reach children, seniors, and families no matter where they live or spend time.
- Red Cross: All contributions will be designated for American Red Cross efforts providing lifesaving aid to people in Ukraine and neighboring countries who need humanitarian assistance.
In recognition of our founding year, 2014, the BARR Belong Foundation will match all donations up to $2,014.
We’ve come a long way since our founding, and we look forward to continuing to provide cybersecurity and compliance services to our valued clients. Looking ahead, “our vision is for a fully automated future,” said Thies. “Our goal is to automate close to 100 percent of primary compliance reporting for cloud native clients so that we can spend more resources on implementing security strategy,” he explained.
On BARR’s Founder’s Day, we celebrate when we started, where we are today, and all of our accomplishments in between. We feel lucky, on this day and every day, to have such an incredible team dedicated to our mission of creating a more secure world.
From all of us at BARR, Happy Founder’s Day and may the luck of the Irish be with you!
Interested in joining the BARR team? Explore our open positions.