Nine years ago today, Brad Thies founded BARR Advisory, a cloud-based solutions provider dedicated to simplifying the path to security and compliance for mission-driven companies aiming to build long-term cyber resilience. Thies said, “Since the beginning, BARR has helped cloud service providers of all sizes tackle cybersecurity and compliance as the cloud shifted from an emerging technology to a core part of almost every organization today.”
We think it’s a pretty great coincidence that BARR’s Founder’s Day lands on St. Patrick’s Day, since we feel fortunate for all our accomplishments that have supported our mission to help create a more secure world. As BARR celebrates nine years in business, we’re sharing a few of our milestones from over the years and why we feel lucky to be a part of this team.
1. In 2014, Brad Theis founded BARR Assurance & Advisory, Inc., a remote-first company.
2. Mitch Evans, director of BARR’s Cybersecurity Consulting services, was the very first full-time associate hired. Our team has grown since then—in fact, we nearly doubled in size over the past few years.
3. In 2017, after achieving the highest rating possible by an independent peer reviewer, the company rebranded to BARR Advisory, P.A., complete with a new website and logo.
4. As we’ve continued to grow in size, we’re proud to share women represent 57 percent of our associates compared to 25 percent of the global cybersecurity workforce.
5. In 2018, BARR began our annual Day of Giving tradition. Now in October of each year, we close for business so our associates can spend the day volunteering in their communities across the U.S.
6. In 2021, BARR became one of only nine firms in the U.S. eligible to perform both ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 2 audits, and HITRUST certification.
7. In addition to our global network of partners, we currently serve hundreds of clients spanning 20+ countries and six continents.
8. In 2022, BARR was named the 8th fastest-growing business in Kansas City by Ingram’s magazine, featuring Brad Thies on the cover of the magazine’s July 2022 edition.
9. Also last year, BARR was featured as one of the Best Compliance Solutions by CyberNews, who listed us as second among their editorial team’s top picks for compliance solutions providers.
10. Today, BARR has completed over 600 successful engagements and holds a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 87, a world-class ranking.
In addition to these landmark achievements, we’ve asked our associates why they feel lucky to work at BARR, and here’s what a few of them had to say:
BARR’s Founder’s Day gives us the opportunity to reflect on when we started and where we are today. We’ve come a long way since our founding, and we look forward to continuing to provide security and compliance solutions to our valued clients.
Interested in learning more about BARR and we can help your organization achieve your security and compliance goals? Contact us today.