BARR Advisory teamed up with the Kansas City chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the Kansas City chapter of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), and the Information Governance Group for a presentation on information governance and auditing in the cloud. Debbie Juhnke, senior consultant at the Information Governance Group, presented on the topic of Information Governance: The Foundation for Information Security, and BARR Advisory founder and president, Brad Thies, spoke on the topic of Security and Compliance in the Cloud.
Attendees learned key topics relevant to the importance of information governance and cloud security. The presentation included:
- The four foundational elements of information governance;
- Cloud updates and trends;
- Industry regulations and framework application;
- Key risks and controls;
- Protecting AWS workloads; and
- A Q&A with the presenters.
The Aug. 27 virtual event was free for the more than 200 registrants and offered CPE credits based on attendees’ participation through polling questions.
Download presentation material:
- Information Governance: The Foundations for Information Security
- Security and Compliance in the Cloud
About BARR Advisory
BARR Advisory is a cloud-based security and compliance solutions provider, specializing in cybersecurity and compliance for Software as a Service (SaaS) companies. A trusted advisor to some of the fastest growing cloud-based organizations around the globe, BARR simplifies compliance across multiple regulatory and customer requirements in highly regulated industries including technology, financial services, healthcare, and government.
BARR Advisory services include:
- Unified Compliance Program Assistance
- SOC 1 Examinations
- SOC 2 and 3 Examinations
- SOC for Cybersecurity
- PCI DSS Assessment Services
- ISO 27001 Assessments
- FedRAMP Security Assessments
- HIPAA, HITECH, and HITRUST Services
- Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessments
- Virtual CISO Services
BARR’s team of specialists and editorial staff work hard to provide the latest updates on cybersecurity trends and best practices. Here are a few recent articles: